Which orthodontic treatment is right for you?
Orthodontic treatment is used to straighten teeth, but it can also fix a number of different problems, such as overcrowding or a receding jaw. What is important is getting the right orthodontic treatment for your needs. At Harpenden Orthodontics we offer a range of different treatment options. Find out which one you could benefit from.
How does orthodontic treatment work?
The main purpose of orthodontic treatment is to straighten your teeth. This in turn improves your smile and makes for healthier gums and teeth. The type of treatment you need will determine the type of appliance you have fitted to your teeth, but they each do the same thing – that is, using gentle pressure to move your teeth into the desired positions.
In order to achieve the best possible results, you will need to wear an appliance on both your upper and lower teeth. This provides the best structural support for your face.
Benefits of orthodontic treatment include:
- Straight teeth, which are easier to clean so your mouth and gums stay healthy
- Uneven wear of your teeth can be reduced
- Jaw and joint problems can be corrected
- Overcrowding of teeth can be resolved
- Your smile can be improved, giving you greater confidence and self-esteem.
Who can benefit from orthodontics?
If any of the following applies to you, please give us a ring to see how orthodontic treatment could benefit you:
- Crowded teeth
- Protruding teeth
- Gaps between your teeth
- Open bite – tongue is visible between your upper and lower teeth when back teeth are together
- Deep bite – upper teeth cover lower teeth too much
- Reverse bite – upper teeth bite inside the arch of lower teeth
- Teeth are mismatched between upper and lower centre-lines
- Teeth have moved due to extractions or gum disease
- Difficulty chewing food
- Unhappy with smile – feel self conscious
- Symptoms of temporomandibular disorders – headaches, neck/jaw pain, clicking sounds when opening mouth.